The Market Needs - Purpose of Education:
The Welding Related Personnel are staff which is responsible for coordinating, monitoring, supervising, inspecting and performing welding activities.
The categories are as follow:
- Welding Coordination Personnel
- Welding Inspection Personnel
The international framework for the certification of persons allows Welding Inspectors to be certified according to the requirements of standard ISO 14731. Also one of the keys to the certification of construction companies / organizations in accordance with ISO 3834, which is the adoption of the Welding Coordinators. Access conditions:
Technical Vocational Schools graduates.
- Diploma from a Higher Education Private College in relevant subject – minimum 3 years of study.
- Merchant Shipping Academies – Diploma of Mechanical School.
- Relevant Diploma from Highest Educational Institution.
The education structure:
Swiss Approval International offers an innovative and specialized short-term training program, recognized and accredited by major Welding Institutes and accepted by the international market, the Specialist Welding Inspector.
The program will be implemented in blended learning (e-learning and in-class) or exclusively on e-learning. The instructors of the program are Phd Engineers, industry executives, Welding Inspectors and Engineers with extensive experience. Program is divided into two modules:
Welding Technology Module:
- Welding processes and equipment
- Materials and their behavior during welding
- Construction and design
- Fabrication, applications engineering
Welding Inspection Module:
- General introduction to welding inspection
- Mechanical tests on welded joint
- Weld Imperfections
- Testing methods
- Quality Assurance Principles and levels
- Management of inspection function
At the end of each module takes place two hour written examination.
E-Exams (online) - Certification WSTAR
After passing the examination, candidates will be recognized as Qualified Specialist Welding Inspectors, absolutely fulfilling the requirements of the standards as stated in the purpose of education.
After 3 years work experience in connection with the subject or an existing service, the Qualified Specialist Welding Inspectors will have the opportunity be certified and participate in the Registry of the Swiss Approval International for Certified Welding Inspectors with international recognition through Accreditation ISO 17024.