With our owned advanced technology equipment, we aim to act as a trustworthy and valuable partner, in the Evaluation and Appraisal of the Integrity and overall condition of complex structural systems and components.
Our Advanced NDT services are addressed, but not limited to the following sectors:
- Oil & Gas industry, including Refineries, transport oil and gas Pipe-Lines, rotating and reciprocating machinery, Tank Farms, etc.
- Power Generation industry, including coolant systems, steam turbines, gas turbines, etc.
- Marine Constructions and Offshore Facilities, including Port facilities, Platforms, Shipyards, maritime vessels, etc.
- Civil engineering structures, including buildings, Touristic infrastructure, Cranes and Lifting Equipment, etc.
- Renewable energy industry, including wind turbines, hydroelectric generators, photo-voltaic panels, concentrated solar receivers, etc.
- Transport, including rail infrastructure, rolling stock, aircraft, trucks, etc.
- Food Industry, Processes and Chemical Plants.
The Advanced NDT service portfolio offered by SWISS APPROVAL includes:
- Semi-automatic and Automatic A/B/C/S Scans with Phased Arrays for a variety of structural components including pipes, castings, rails, crossings, wind turbine towers, pressure vessels, storage tanks, etc. Our latest technology is to carry out phased array measurements, even at temperatures over 200°C, without compromising the quality of the inspection.
- Pulsed Eddy Current [PEC]. With this method, we can measure rapidly and reliably components for structural degradation, including creep and micro-structural changes at temperatures up 600°C. The method can be implemented above the insulation / coating thanks to the use of pulses.
- Eddy Current Array. NFA applied with special probes on tubes of small diameter.
- MFL Scanning. The method is mainly used, normally together with phased arrays on specific problems, for the assessment of the floor of ferrous storage Tanks. However, this particular inspection technique can be easily employed for the inspection of maritime structures including vessels and platforms.
- On Line Test Systems for Safety Valves.
- Wire Rope Magnetic Inductive Inspection, according to European and International Standards For diameters ranging up to 80mm. Larger diameters may also be inspect-able.
- IRIS, RFT, NFT, ECA, for the control of Heat Exchangers, during shut-down of the unit.
- RVI, Remote Visual Inspection, with the use of drones with built-in cameras, and infrared cameras to detect leakage, etc.
- Acoustic emission monitoring for monitoring of complex structures, during normal operation or during hydro-static testing.
- Thermographic techniques for rapid inspection of complex constructions.
- UT, MT, PT, VT, EC, implemented by certified technicians (traditional methods)